Tuesday 13 May 2014

OOTD, 12th May. Grandad's Birthday

OOTD: Sheer layering and purple lippy










Shirt: Primark
Cami: New Look
Necklace: H&M
Jeans: H&M
Lipstick: MAC, Smoked Purple

Yesterday was my Grandad's birthday and in true Yorkshire spirit, we obviously went out for a pub tea! Excuse the wind-blown hair, this weather is so hormonal lately! This was the first time I had worn a lipstick so dark, but experimenting has to be done I suppose. I really like it, I think it adds something different to my simplistic outfit, not everyone was convinced though.. The shirt is a Primark special, they are so on form lately! I thought it was be a great layering piece and it nods towards the sheer trend perfectly. I've become a big fan of statement necklaces and this H&M one is no exception,  its the perfect shape and length to sit just above the neckline of my top here. Also, instead of just wearing a plain cami, I thought the detailing on the strap would look more interesting beneath the sheer shirt. I paired this with my off-black H&M skinny jeans, which I always roll up, they aren't tight enough for me personally at the bottom and cuffs are a big trend right now. Also, I wore the gladiator sandals from my last OOTD post, for a bit of a smart/casual heel. 

5 comments:

  1. Love this, a dark lip looks amazing on you! Hope you had a lovely time :)
    Meena | Meena Means Me
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Just thought I'd try it out, I've only really just started wearing lipstick tbh! I did it was nice, thank you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit!! I've also nominated you for the very inspirational blogger award, and you can check it out here: http://prettyinpips.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I'm new to your blog and really like your style.
    I love the floral top with the dark lip. Such a nice look. It plays of the dark necklace and white shirt. Such nice pops of contrast.
    You look pretty awesome!

    xx
    Lissanylon
    lissanylon.com/bohemian-in-the-o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, thank you :) I've wanted to try out a dark lip for a while, become such a lipstick freak lately! xx

      Delete