Tuesday 3 June 2014

Beauty Haul

I've finally finished my first year at university and this is why I haven't been able to blog for a while: so many essays and revision! Now it's over expect to be bombarded with posts over Summer! 

I thought I would do a beauty haul/review type post because I bought these products a few weeks ago and I've finally go the time to tell you all about them :) I suppose it's worked out okay because I have actually tried all these products now. 

I went to York Designer Outlet a few weeks ago with my boyfriend and although there aren't many clothes shops for girls, there is a Body Shop outlet and a make-up store, which is where I spent all my money! 


I got the banana shampoo + conditioner, Rainforest hair mask and coconut lip butter all from the Body Shop factory store for a bargain price, if you buy 4 items you get an extra 40% off! 


I love the shampoo and conditioner! It's seriously amazing. My hair can be quite dry at the ends and sometimes gets a bit frizzy as it's naturally curly but this shampoo works wonders. My hair felt soft, shiny and healthy after about a week of washing. And it smells great too!
The hair mask I use once every other week as my hair can sometimes get a bit weighed down with too much product. It's really nice, feels quite light as hair masks go but it does the trick when your hair needs a little pick-me-up. My hair always looks shiny after using this and stays shiny too. 
I really like this lip butter compared with other lip moisturising products. It hydrates the lips instead of drying them out and I only really need to apply it maybe once or twice a day for it to work.


In the make-up, they stock lots of higher-end brands such as Bobbi Brown, Bumble and Bumble, Clinique and Smashbox, but they are substantially cheaper here. The two lipsticks at the back of this picture are from Avon but I did get them around the same time so thought they needed to be included in this post. The Avon lipsticks both had money off of them so it was perfect timing. The lilac coloured one is  called Violet Friday and is from the Colour Trend range. It's such a great colour for Summer and goes on really smoothly. The lighter pink (Pout) is great for everyday wear as it goes with most outfits and it doesn't dry out your lips. 
The MAC lipsticks are both from the outlet and they were only £10 each! That's why I bought two. The dark purple, Smoked Purple, is a good colour but as it's matte I find it doesn't apply very well. I usually mix it with a little Vaseline to get it to cover easier, but other than that I am really happy with the colour. I wanted to try something a little different and this is great. As for the red, Lady Bug, I have been on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick for ages and I think I have found it! I usually look a little pale and strange wearing red lipstick but this colour matches with my skin tone and hair colour really well. I love it!
All in all, a successful trip and I have definitely found some products I will be buying over and over! What is your favourite lipstick shade? Do you have a shampoo you love? Leave me a comment! 

2 comments:

  1. i love body shop products they all smell so divine!! id love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/big-sexy-hair.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, especially the body butters! I'll take a look now :) xx

    ReplyDelete