Thursday 11 December 2014

Day to Night: Culottes

I've been loving looking at culottes in street style galleries and the way other people wear them for a few months now and last week I finally bit the bullet and bought my own. The pair I picked were an absolute bargain at only £7 (!!) in New Look's most recent promotion and are just a plain black tailored style. I didn't want to over complicate them just yet when I wasn't even totally sure how to pull them off! 
I decided to do a little day-to-night post with my culottes just because I was a little wary of styling them at first so hopefully this will give you some inspiration.

[The weather where I live is just horrible at the moment so these photos are not the best! I will add in new photos when I actually get the chance to take some decent pictures without it snowing on me!] 

Day


Jumper, ASOS. Bag, Topshop. Culottes, New Look. Boots, Public Desire.

Since the weather has turned so bitterly cold recently, I'm living in knitwear and this ASOS jumper is sooo cosy! It's very thick and warm and if cream isn't your colour it comes in khaki too. I picked up the boots at Clothes Show Live over the weekend from Public Desire, but I've had my eye on them for a while. They are super pointy and the slight heel makes them very versatile. I think the colours here are so simple and classic that the fur clutch is essential to add a bit of quirk to the whole look. This outfit is definitely casual but it also looks very put together. 

Night


Crop top, New Look. Shoes, George @ Asda. Clutch, Chic. Culottes, as above.

If you are looking for an alternative to a dress for a party over the festive season then culottes are your answer! Paired with ankle strap heels and a sparkly crop top they look appropriately festive but unique. I think parties are the perfect time to take some fashion risks and wearing these you'll definitely stand out. If you really feel like pushing the boat out a bit, ASOS have some gorgeous culottes in a burgundy coloured satin material. 

Do you have a pair of culottes yet? I'd love to see how you've styled them - leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment