Sunday 7 December 2014

My Favourite from the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, London 2014

Unless you have been hibernating for the past two weeks, you will know that the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show took place this week in London. I love watching the show when it is aired on TV purely because it is so different from your average catwalk show; it just looks so fun! 
While opinions are very divided on the subject of women walking a catwalk in nothing more than underwear, I personally think it's pretty empowering. The VS Angels are among the highest paid models in the world, and they are some of the most beautiful women in the world, so more power to them! I think it's great that they can show off their hard-earned bodies in a way that is fun and light-hearted. Also, I think the show appeals far more to women than it does men anyway as most of the men I've spoken to about it didn't even know it was happening! So I don't see the show as the objectification of women, I see it as just beautiful women strutting their stuff, having fun, selling lingerie and getting paid a hell of a lot of money to do so.

With all that being said, I've picked out some of my favourite looks from the show and some of my favourite 'pink carpet' dresses from the after-party.... [Photos taken from elleuk.com and vogue.co.uk]

Gilded Angels

Candice Swanepoel

Lily Donaldson

Doutzen Kroes

Exotic Traveller


Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio


Joan Smalls


Kelly Gale

Dream Girl


Lily Aldridge


Doutzen Kroes

University of Pink


Elsa Hosk


Yumi Lambert

Fairytale


Candice Swanepoel


Lily Donaldson

Izabel Goulart

Angel Ball

Izabeli Fontana

Lily Aldridge

Behati Prinsloo


I love the variety in the show, every look is different and unique! The after party looked great too...

Alessandra Ambrosio

Candice Swanepoel and Behati Prinsloo

Jourdan Dunn

Daisy Lowe

Olivia Palermo

Tinie Tempah

What are your thoughts on the VS Fashion Show? Who is your favourite angel? Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment