Friday 28 November 2014

Top 5: Fashion Books

I have so many outfit posts planned but this awful weather makes taking good photos so hard! Where I live today it's foggy, dark and drizzly.... Not a good mix!
So instead I decided I'd pick out a few book every style-conscious, fashion loving woman should own, you may have already heard of some of them! Something to add to your Christmas list perhaps?

1. Vogue: The Gown, £48.75 on Amazon.

If, like me, you love the glamour of a real show-stopping dress then you need to get this book! You might think £48 is expensive for a book, but it's not when you see it. This book is full of stunning dresses with photography by some of the industry's best. I think it's well worth the money and this one is definitely on my Christmas list!

2. Grace: A Memoir, £20.40 on Amazon.
Anna Wintour's right-hand woman has written a memoir and you really need to read it. Charting her life and enviable career, Grace Coddington is both insightful and entertaining. I cannot recommend this book enough!

3. The Little Dictionary of Fashion: A Guide to Dress Sense for Every Woman, £8.99.
The perfect stocking filler, this book is full of great little style tips from the fashion giant Christian Dior himself. 

4. Secrets of a Fashion Therapist: What You Can Learn Behind the Dressing Room Door, £14.93 on Amazon.
Betty Halbreich is the director of 'Solutions' at the legendary Fifth Avenue store Bergdorf Goodman, what she doesn't know about fashion is not worth knowing! In this book Betty shares all her knowledge about how to get dressed and look fabulous. If you haven't seen 'Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorfs' on Netflix, you need to watch that too!

5. The Woman I Wanted to be, £13.60 on Amazon.
Diane Von Furstenburg is one of the most influential fashion designers in the world and her iconic wrap dress is one of the most defining items of clothing. This is another book that is definitely on my Christmas list. 

Have you already read one of these books? Do you have any others you would recommend? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment