Saturday 9 May 2015

One for the Boys, House of Fraser British Academy Television Awards

As you may already know, the BAFTAs are taking place this Sunday in London and I will definitely be watching - I love red carpet fashion! This year, House of Fraser are the title sponsor of the event, meaning they will be dressing some of Britain's biggest stars. You can find all the behind-the-scenes action and fashion as it happens on the House of Fraser website here. 
I usually focus on women's fashion, but this time I'm turning my attention to the boys and styling up a more formal, red-carpet-ready look in honour of the BAFTAs. I've picked out a few of my favourite men's looks from awards seasons past; I love a couture gown but what's better than a good looking man in a suit?


Ansel Elgort in Prada.
Benedict Cumberbatch.
Eddie Redmayne in Gucci, and Hannah Bagshawe.
David Beckham.
David Burtka and Neil Patrick Harris in Brunello Cucinelli.

I love a challenge and I've never actually styled a men's look before, until now. Formal shirts can be so versatile, they can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Wedding season is fast approaching so if you are looking for some outfit inspiration, keep scrolling. 








Shirt, c/o House of Fraser. Trousers, similar here. Shoes, similar here

How gorgeous is this Paul Smith shirt? Quality is so important when buying items like these, they need to fit properly. Invest in a good shirt and it should wear really well. This look can easily be made more formal by adding a jacket and even a tie, take a look here. If casual is more your style, swap the tailored trousers for jeans and the look becomes more wearable for everyday, try these.   
House of Fraser houses the best of the best when it comes to men's formal wear, see their full selection of formal shirts here. 
I'd like to thank my friend Richard Beever of Vision Health and Fitness for modelling for me here, if you are looking for expert training and diet advice give their page a 'like'. 

1 comment:

  1. Eddie Redmayne is probably my biggest celeb crush right now - maybe its from rewatching Le Mis so much.. but he just looks gorgeous in the suit!

    The shirt from House of Fraser is also lovely..

    x
    Small&Blonde ♥

    ReplyDelete