Tuesday 17 June 2014

Fifteen Summer Holiday Essentials

Next week my boyfriend and I are going on holiday to Turkey and I'm so excited! We booked it back in September and it's finally here, I can't wait to escape to some sunshine. I've never visited Turkey before so I'm extra excited to explore. I've been preparing for this holiday for months... by buying lots and lots of holiday clothes! For this post I've picked my favourite fifteen essentials everyone needs to pack for a beach holiday...

1. Of course, a bikini is an obvious essential for any beach holiday, but make yours a little more interesting with a pretty print and stand out by the pool. This one is from H&M, I love the studs on it as well as the paisley print.


2. The floppy hat. I'm not usually one to wear hats, I'm all about my hair, but when I go on holiday I always take one. A floppy hat will protect your hair, your parting and your face from sun damage. I got mine in Primark for only £4!



3. A beach bag is a necessity when on holiday: nobody wants their handbag ruined by sand and chlorine! I got this particular bag last year when I went to Spain. It was around 4 euros. I don't want to spend too much money on a bag I'll probably use only once a year. This one is straw but its lined. Also, it's big enough for both mine and my boyfriend's stuff. 


4. Baggage limits can be such a pain so I like to take items away that have a double wear option, hello day-to-night playsuit. This gorgeous chiffon one is from H&M and it can easily worn for a walk along the beach during the day, or out for a nice meal at night. At only £19.99 I couldn't resist!


5. Summer 2014's must-have shoe: the slider. These shoes are a bit like marmite, you either love or loathe them. I am a huge fan! The embellished pair are from H&M and are perfect for adding a bit of sparkle to your beach look. The silver sliders are from River Island and are literally the comfiest shoes I've ever worn. Ever. Even comfier than trainers! You need some.


6. I love all things high-waisted so of course I love crop tops. This tropical print crop is from New Look and is perfect for holiday wear. 


7. Maxi dresses are the ultimate summer item. Even if you aren't going on holiday you need a maxi dress: day to night styling and so easy to wear. I love the pops of colour on this Primark dress, very summery.


8. This black lace kimono from H&M is a very versatile item, it can be worn as a beach cover-up, or a cover-up for evening. The lace will add an extra detail to any outfit. 


9, 10, 11. When on holiday, hairstyles should be relaxed, easy and quick. Invest in some hair scarves, salt spray and hair oil and you should be good to go. Salt spray tames and styles beachy hair into evening-appropriate waves in just a few squirts. Macadamia or Argan oil will not only nourish dry hair but will add shiny an bounce to sun-dried hair. Hair scarves are the easiest way to embrace beach styling, these are great if you have a fringe that needs pulling back! Both head scarves here are ASOS.


12. The co-ord is this season's must have. There are soooooo many around right now it's a little hard to choose just one to buy! I had been searching for literally months for one I really loved, then last night I found this beauty from Pretty Little Thing. I am obsessed! The print is very cute and definitely holiday appropriate. Also, the great thing about a co-ord is it's three outfits in one. You can wear the top and shorts either together or as separates. Bargain!


13. I tend to over pack and I like to carry a lot of stuff with me on holiday that I perhaps don't need. Because of this I have invested in a large cabin bag. It comfortably fits everything I will want on the plane including snacks, my Nook e-reader and some layers (I get cold because of the air con when flying). This bag is from Storm, its a summery color and has thick straps so is comfy to carry around.


14. A few months ago my iPhone tragically died of water damage. I now have a new one and I will be taking no chances when I'm by the pool in Turkey! This handy little pouch and many other variations can be picked up from Amazon for around £3. Trust me, it's so worth it. Rather be safe than sorry!


15. My last holiday essential is a good book. There is nothing better than relaxing by the pool reading. I would definitely recommend a Kindle or the cheaper Nook e-readers for holidays, saves so much space! I had six books on my Nook last year and I read them all in a week. You wouldn't like to carry six books in your hand luggage! This Summer I plan to read 'The Notebook' and 'The Fault in Our Stars'. I love the film version of 'The Notebook', but I have never read the book! Also, since 'The Fault in Our Stars' film comes out this week, I think I need to finally read the book version after much persuasion from my sister. 


Are you going on holiday this Summer? If so, where? Do you have any other essentials? Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment