Sunday 8 June 2014

Race for Life, Sweaty Selfies and The Bralet of Dreams

Today I ran the Race for Life again and it was a beautiful start to my Sunday! This year I completed it in 30 minutes and 46 seconds. I've ran for the past three years for many reasons: my mum was diagnosed three years ago and she has beaten it now, but there are too many people who don't. 
I'm not going to dwell on this however... The Race for Life is always a very happy and energetic event, there's a certain unity among all the women running, jogging and walking together all dressed in pink. It's a really fun day and I'd recommend taking part to anybody :) 


I don't usually love running, but when you see the finish line after 5k in the hot sun, something inside you switches. You must get there as fast as you possibly can! Safe to say I definitely got my runners high today, followed by a shiny medal and a charity flower from my step-dad. It may seem a pain to some to keep sponsoring me year after year, but giving money to a good cause should never get old! I'm going to do it again next year, and probably the year after that too.


After sprinting over the finish line at 10am, I was starving! So my day got even better when we all went for a carvery! Enter the Bralet of Dreams.


It's safe to say this Topshop bralet may change my Summer; outfit crisis wise anyway! It's got everything: pastel pink, tropical print and it fits great. I loved it for a while before I decided yes, I really did need it, and I am so glad I bought it! I've got sooo many outfit ideas for it from holiday wear to party wear. I have been desperate to wear it for a while but it doesn't look like a practical item does it? 

 That is what this Primark tee is for. Covers your modesty, but shows just enough. I have so many crop tops and this top means I can wear them all the time without looking slightly under-dressed... Admittedly I was slightly nervous about my outfit choice, but even my Nannan liked it! Nobody is immune to the power of this bralet.  





I got this leather skirt from H&M a few weeks ago and I've literally barely taken it off, it goes with anything and everything! I love the details on it, it looks less plain and less tacky than some leather skirts I've seen lately. 



All in all I've had a really good day and I  hope everyone has enjoyed their Sunday as much as I have! 
What did you get up to today? Leave me a comment!

1 comment: