Friday 19 September 2014

#OOTD: 18th September, Autumn Textures

The weather lately has definitely taken an autumnal turn and I think we've seen the last of the summer. This makes me a little sad because who doesn't love the sun? But at the same time, autumn is my favourite season to style! I love all the jumpers and new coats as well as the textures and colours. Also, one word: layering. This is my first properly autumnal outfit post and I'm very excited for the rest of the season outfit wise!

I bought this gilet on Wednesday from Next. I've been looking for the perfect faux fur gilet for a while. I wanted one that didn't look too cheap and tacky, but also wasn't too pricey. Tricky I know! This grey one feels so luxurious and it was only £38 ! Absolute bargain. I've also got my eye on a brown gilet in Zara so watch this space.

 The jumper I am wearing is Acne and it's from New York, namely the designer outlet store Century 21. It was an absolute find! A total bargain and it's the perfect piece to layer as it's very thin wool. Also, the colour is a great icy pale blue, perfect for this season.
This outfit is all about texture. From the metal studs on my bag to the wool of my jumper and the fur on the gilet.

I am committing a fashion crime here by wearing socks and sandals. Or am I? I've recently seen a lot of socks and sandals action on Instagram lately so I figured I'd give it a go! Leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts! 

I thought I'd wear a dark lip because the rest of my outfit is pale and the rest of my make-up is understated. Here I'm wearing Smoked Purple by MAC with Breathless by Benefit over the top to add a bit of a sheen.

Have you made any new season purchases yet? I'd love to see them, leave me a comment!

1 comment:

  1. that lip colour is just divine! i wish i could pull off such a strong colour on my lips! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/09/carvellas-and-cardigans.html xx

    ReplyDelete