Thursday 23 October 2014

3 Ways to Wear It: The Oversize Knit

So this post was meant to go up last weekend, but after having some technical issues with Blogger, I gave up and now I've finally got some time to re-do it. So apologies to those of you who saw my Instagram and expected this post at the weekend. 

The oversize knit has become a AW14 staple and a firm favourite of mine. After being paraded down the catwalk at shows such as Celine, Michael Kors, Stella McCartney and The Row, oversize knitwear has taken over the high street and my wardrobe! If you are still searching for your new hero piece ('hero' because it nails both style AND comfort), look no further than Zara. 
I've styled my Zara knit here three different ways to show you how versatile these gigantic knits can really be, and to give you all a little extra inspiration. 
I took these pictures really quickly last week in the small gap between rain showers, so I didn't have time to do make-up, but I will give a brief explanation of the sort of look I'd go for.

1. With leggings and mannish loafers. (both New Look)
I'm really in love with this season's sixties trend, so I've hinted at here with the dogtooth leggings and loafers but I've added my big jumper as opposed to the tighter thinner sixties polo neck. This outfit is really casual, perfect for running errands. I've kept my hair in a messy bun and I'd probably wear minimal make-up, just a bit of mascara and a pinky-nude lip.


2. With a mini skirt and knee-high boots. (Skirt, Topshop. Boots, New Look.)
One of this season's biggest trends is wearing knee-high boots with a mini skirt, and for some reason it really works! I definitely thought of those infamous Pretty Woman boots when I started seeing this trend everywhere, but I have to admit now I'm a fan. I think the oversized top takes the look away from Pretty Woman! I think all this look needs in terms of make-up is some winged liner and a pale gloss on the lips, I'd leave the skirt to add that pop of colour.

3. With joggers and heels. (Joggers, H&M. Booties, Missguided.)
Another slightly difficult trend this AW is the jogger trouser. How do you style them without looking like you're off to the gym? Well I'd definitely always add a bit of a heel and you really do have to pick the right pair of joggers. H&M have a really good selection of joggers that look more front row at a show rather than front row at a cardio class. This look is soo relaxed and comfy, so I'd definitely keep my hair and make-up more 'done up'. I'd go for a sleeker, neater bun with a bronze smoky eye and a dark red lip.

How are you wearing the oversize knit? Which look is your favourite? Leave me a comment!

1 comment:

  1. your first look is gorgeous and really on trend! I am in love with that jumper, definitely adding it to my christmas wish list xx

    ReplyDelete