Wednesday 15 October 2014

Autumn Lipsticks for All Budgets

I always blab on about how Autumn is my favourite season, and it really is! But I'm pretty sure it doesn't usually rain this much! I have soo many outfit posts I want to do, but I always miss out on those ten minute windows where it's not actually raining. So instead of the outfit posts, I thought I'd focus instead on autumn lippy. Being a student, it's hard to find a balance when it comes to what I spend money on. Yes, I really want that YSL lipstick at £25, but the Topshop one will do just fine at £9. With this in mind, I thought I'd go through a few of my favourite shades I've noticed over the past few weeks that can fit into any budget. 

Charlottle Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Birkin Brown, Selfridges, £23.
This is the perfect Autumnal shade, with that nice mix of red and brown that will complement any skintone. Also, I think this colour is very versatile, it could definitely be worn in the daytime or at night. 

MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Sin, Debenhams, £15.50.
I actually have this lipstick and I love it, it's the perfect dark red for Autumn. I would recommend getting the lip liner in Burgundy too because the matte texture of the lipstick mean it's a little hard to apply.

L'oreal Colour Riche Collection Privee Red in Blake, Superdrug, £6.99. 
I know some people find really dark lipstick intimidating, but this red isn't as dark as Sin above. It's a nice texture and pretty purse friendly!

Topshop lipstick in Armour, Topshop, £9.
This shade is quite obviously very different from the others I've chosen but I think the metallic finish is great for a night out this Autumn. There are also 2 other metallic shades so you can find the perfect one for you, this is my fave. The colour is a really pretty rose gold and it's really long lasting. 

Seventeen Lasting Fix Lipstick in New Black, Boots, £4.29.
New Black is a dark plummy purple, a really deep shade. I would recommend using  a base liner in the same shade however as it doesn't apply too well, can't argue with the price though. 

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Jilted, Selfridges, £15.
This plummy colour is brighter and lighter than New Black and it also has a bit of a sheen to it. It would look great for a night out. 

Tom Ford Lipstick in Deep Mink, Harrods, £37. 
I really liked all the Tom Ford Autumn range, but it's literally sold out everywhere! This colour isn't specifically from the Autumn range but I do think it's a good colour for Autumn. I'm a fan of brown lipsticks, I think they can look great in the daytime as an alternative to a pinky nude. 

What is your favourite lipstick shade for Autumn? Leave me a comment!

3 comments:

  1. I love the gorgeous shades you picked out here, berry tones are my favourite this time of year. I'm lusting pretty badly after a Charlotte Tillbury lipstick, just wish they weren't so darn pricey x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love berry tones for autumn too! I think you pay for quality with the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks, but they are more of an investment tbh! Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete