Tuesday 7 October 2014

Fashion Month Round-Up: My SS15 Catwalk Favourites

I really could go on and on about all the collections and looks I loved from each Fashion Week this month, for fear of missing out on mentioning a fabulous collection, but I feel that may get a little monotonous. I could also sort through each show to find the most wearable pieces but - dreaming and lusting aside - I cannot really afford any of the clothes shown throughout September so the wearability of a collection isn't the first quality I look for. When these trends and looks filter down to the high-street, then we'll talk.

For me, Fashion Month is about simple unadulterated appreciation of beautiful design. I have a real passion for clothes and dressing. To some this may seem vain or just a waste of time, but to me it's something I hope to base my whole future career on. I've picked out a handful of collections from across each Fashion Week that stood out to me, this list is by no means exhaustive and I've probably forgotten some of my favourites! 

Marchesa



Florals for Spring may seem clichéd, but floral on floral mixed with lots of ruffles is not.

Isabel Marant



I know I said wearability wasn't my priority, but I could happily wear this collection every single day!

Alberta Ferretti



If you want to feel like a wood nymph next Spring, Alberta Ferretti has you covered.

Bottega Veneta



Possibly my absolute favourite of them all, possibly... It's so hard to pick! I think this collection could be something Zara may interpret well... Hmm.

Roksanda



Roksanda is just a feast of colour, I love it! It makes me happy just to look at this collection. Also, I am definitely crushing over Roksanda Ilincic's personal style!

Topshop Unique



Laidback cool. The Topshop Unique show epitomised everything every girl wishes to achieve.

Chloe



The Chloe show was distinctly French. Parisian chic is always a look to aspire to.

Fendi



The Fendi show really made me sad that I don't have a bigger budget...

What were some of your favourite shows from Fashion Month? Any key trends you loved? Leave me a comment!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting as much lately, I just started back at uni and I'm trying to work blogging into my timetable. I'll be back posting more regularly soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment