Tuesday 19 August 2014

#OOTD: 16th August, Family Wedding

On Saturday, my family ventured to Bakewell for the wedding of my step-dad's niece. It was a beautiful event, incredibly grand and very English! I thought I'd share a few photograph's of the actual event as well as my outfit.

I have to thank my friend Grace for being my +1 at the wedding and for taking this photo. Some of you may recognise this dress from this Top 5 post, it's from Boohoo and was an absolute bargain at £12! The shoes are kitten heel slingbacks and are from Primark, they are very versatile and I can see myself wearing them over and over. If you read my blog regularly, you'll have seen this bag before, it's originally from Zara, but I got it on eBay for £6.  


I kept my hair simple with a half up/half down style but I did have my make-up done by a friend of mine who is training to be a make-up artist at college. I love it, there is no way it would have looked this good if I'd done it myself! 


If anyone is wondering, Grace's dress here is from Dorothy Perkins.


Don't my family look cute? My step-dad upped his style game in this Ted Baker suit, I think he should wear it all the time!


The happy couple... The bride's dress was handmade by a close family friend, it was so delicate and intricate. It's not really clear on this picture, but there was hundreds of tiny pearls and sequins sewn all over the lace. 

Fabulous hats are always a feature at weddings!


 The reception was held at Hassop Hall, near Bakewell. It was such a gorgeous venue. 




 How pretty is this ceiling! This was only the women's bathroom too...

 My Auntie now has twelve of these huge candlesticks, I have no idea what she's going to do with them all!

The meal was amazing, five courses plus extras! And the wine was constantly flowing.

Hassop Hall was full of these chandeliers, so pretty.



Have you been to a wedding this Summer? I'd love to see what you wore, leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment