Tuesday 26 August 2014

The Emmy Awards 2014: My Best Dressed Picks

If you are anything like me, you love a good red carpet and this years Emmy Awards did not disappoint! I've picked a selection of my fave looks below...

I love OITNB and I think Taylor Schilling is just amazing, its always nice to see her on the red carpet rather than in that orange jumpsuit! She looks stunning here in Zuhair Murad. 



Michelle Dockery looks gorgeous here in Rosie Assoulin. I love how simple the colours are but the silhouette of the dress is unique and very flattering.

There is only one word that perfectly describes Christina Hendricks: bombshell. I mean just wow, look at her curves in this Marchesa dress! 

I love this J.Mendel dress on Kate Mara, so floaty and girly.

I'm a huuuuge Breaking Bad fan and Anna Gunn looks nothing like her character here! The magic of Jenny Packham I guess! She looks really beautiful here.

Kiernan Shipka is fourteen. Fourteen and look at her! Definitely one to watch, she's gorgeous already and such a good actress. I love the embellishment on this Antonio Berardi dress.

When in doubt: go monochrome. Lizzy Caplan looks so chic in this Donna Karan gown. 

Although I don't really like January Jones' hair here, this gown is pure drama. Red seemed to be the colour of the night and this Prabal Gurung dress is definitely a show stopper.

I don't think there is a smile in Hollywood that can rival Julia Roberts'. The embellishment on the Elie Saab dress is so pretty.

If I look as good as Sofia Vergara when I get to forty, I'll be a very happy woman. The styling of this Roberto Cavalli dress is so effortless, but she still makes a big impact.

Which look is your favourite? Leave me a comment!

*Photo's taken from Vogue UK and InStyle*

3 comments:

  1. The EMMYS were amazing for fashion! I've done a similar post up on my blog too (great minds) but i totally agree with all these, everyone dressed to impress!

    Kosa x
    Kosas-kloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was so hard to pick these :) Haha definitely, I'll check it out! Thanks for your comment! xx

      Delete
  2. I love Sofia's dress! It's different and unusual, but for some reason I really love the design and that shade of blue. :)
    Also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog! <3

    ReplyDelete