Monday 21 July 2014

Benefit 'Bronze of the Champions' Sort-of Tutorial, Sort-of Review

I don't pretend to be an expert when it comes to make-up. In fact the idea of anybody actually taking make-up tips from me is pretty funny since day-to-day I never wear any make-up. However, I promised a closer look at my date night make-up so I decided to make it a little sort-of tutorial; 'sort-of' because I myself am no expert.


What I found really useful about this set was the inclusion of 'Tips and Tricks'. This enables make-up beginners like myself to create the look with minimal confusion or trouble.   

Here goes then...
1. I'm not wearing foundation here, I never really wear it in Summer at all. However I do have on Benefit Pore-Fessional Primer. First I applied the Creaseless Cream eyeshadow in 'Bikini-Tini' to my whole lid.

2. I then blended the Long wear Powder shadow into the corner of my lid, creating a smoky look.

3. Next I attempted some contouring with the Hoola Bronzer. The 'Tips and Tricks' states that applying the bronzer below cheek bones should slim your face. I'm not sure I did this right but I think it looks fine! 
 4. Highlighter comes next. This is the very first time I have ever used highlighter so I was a little wary but I actually really like how it turned out. Again, the 'Tips and Tricks' says to blend this into cheek bones and brow bones, I hope this is clear on the picture.


 5. I used Magnifibres Brush-on False Lashes with Benefit 'They're Real' mascara. The Magnifibres product came in my Latest in Beauty box last week and I've been dying to try them. I'm not all that impressed so far actually, I don't think they made a difference! 



 6. Next I filled in my eyebrows a little with my HD brow palette in 'Foxy', just to add a bit of definition.


7. My lipstick also came in my Latest in Beauty box and is one of the seven new Illamasqua Glamore nude shades. This shade, 'Buff', is not what I would have chosen myself but I'm actually glad I received this colour. It's nice to try something different every once in a while.
I already have the Hoola lipgloss that came with this set but I thought I would try my new lipstick out instead with this set.


That's it! It's that easy. These next few shots show the full look. I'm really pleased with this Benefit set, definitely worth the money. The colours are perfectly neutral and will go with pretty much any outfit. I think paired with the lipstick it works better for night time. For day I'd probably just wear a lipbalm. Get the 'Bronze of the Champions' set from ASOS here. 





I'd love to see some of your favourite make-up tutorials, leave me a comment!

2 comments:

  1. Hey!

    firstly, you have AMAZING skin - so flawless - and I certainly don't view freckled as a flaw. You have wonderful eyes, and your did a great job on the eye makeup.

    I have to say the lipstick (IMO) isn't the best shade for your complexion, it sucks the colour out of you. Though as you say, it's nice to try something different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to reply! Thank you so much, that's lovely to hear. To be honest I'm not 100% about the lipstick but as I got it in my beauty box, I didn't really lose any money on it! Thank you for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete