Sunday 20 July 2014

Coral Crush on Date Night

My boyfriend and I tend to have at least one night a week we consider 'date night' and this week was no exception. I like to get a little dressed up wherever we are going; you can never really be overdressed in my opinion! 
Last night we went out with two friends of ours for an amazing meal at Smoke Barbecue Sheffield (more of that later) and then we went to the cinema to see the new 'Planet of the Apes' film. We even managed to fit in a round of mini golf! 

As you can see from previous posts, I like my bright colours. Usually I wear my bright colours in the form of prints but here I decided to go for a bit of colour blocking instead. This coral scuba tee is from Missguided and it's a little different from what I'd usually wear but safe to say I love it! The scuba material gives it more structure and texture so it doesn't just look like a simple casual t-shirt, the perfect base for dressing up.
My skirt was a Depop bargain purchased from fellow blogger Holly (find her on instagram @thepollypocket_) but it's originally River Island. I've wanted a metallic skirt for ages and finally found one that was perfect for me. I love bodycon midis because they can be dressed up or down so easily. 


This bag is my new favourite accessory! Originally from Zara, I just bought it from eBay in mint condition for £6! It pays to spend time searching properly on sites like eBay and Depop!


Because my top was so bright I went for neutral, nude make-up. This Benefit gift set came with my subscription to Elle magazine and it's amazing. The perfect little bronzing set. I couldn't get a great picture of my bronzed smoky eye or the highlighter I tried so look out for tomorrow's post where I re-create this look! Definitely a favourite now.



This Illamasqua lippy came in my Latest in Beauty 'Glamour Edit' box and this was my first time trying it out. This shade (Buff) is one of 7 new nudes in the 'Glamore' lipstick range and I have to say I was very pleased with it. At first glance you may think it looks a little too brown, but I actually prefer that to a completely nude beigey colour. 


I have to thank my lovely friend Fran for this picture, although no appreciating that guy's photobomb!

Now back to the food... After having heard so many people rave about the food here, we felt we needed to go try it for ourselves and we were not disappointed! Ben and I had a 'Sharer Plate' (pictured below) and it was delicious. If you are in the Yorkshire area, you should definitely come down to Sheffield to eat here, it's well worth the journey! 



Check back tomorrow for a closer look at my 'Bronze of Champions' make-up look! 

No comments:

Post a Comment