Thursday 31 July 2014

Latest in Beauty, The Glamour Beauty Edit Box July 2014

If you are looking for some new beauty products but you aren't really sure where to start, then this is the beauty box for you. The Glamour Beauty Edit Box is full of great products that you will actually use and love. It also includes a newly launched Illamasqua lipstick! The box is worth over £80, but costs just £16.95.. You all know I love a bargain!
I received my box around two weeks ago but I held off on blogging it until I'd had enough time to test everything out.



The Illamasqua Glamore lipsticks usually retail for £18.50. This whole box costs £16.95. I think you know where I'm going with this...Value. For. Money. Plus you get 8 other items! Illamasqua have only just launched their new nude shades within the Glamore line and each box contains one full-size lipstick.  

The shade I received is called 'Buff', and although it looks a little brown I actually really like the colour. It's completely different to what I would usually choose and it's really long-wearing.
I have never used a cleansing 'oil' before so I was a little sceptical as my skin can get quite oily on it's own but I really love this product! This is a deluxe sample size, but I think it's more than enough really. You only need to use a small amount and this oil literally removes every scrap of make-up, even waterproof mascara! It's also really moisturising. I think I will definitely invest in a full bottle once this sample runs out.

This product I found a little strange if I'm honest! It's literally a tube of little white fibres that you brush on your eyelashes between two coats of mascara. It's meant to give your eyelashes that false effect without the fuss, but I'm not sold unfortunately. I've used this a couple of times now and I can honestly say I can't really see a difference. Maybe I expected a little too much of this product? I don't know but I am a little disappointed.

I've never used a cream blush before (I know, I need to broaden my horizons!), but I really like this. It looks so dewy and fresh on the skin, not the usual powdery look I usually get with blusher. It's also really easy to blend! A big thumbs up from me!

I love trying new hair products, and this Toni and Guy Volume Whip didn't disappoint. It adds volume without leaving roots greasy or sticky. It's great if your hair tends to sit a little flat after you normally blow dry it because it's so weightless.

This Crabtree and Evelyn nail polish is a really nice, bright rosy-red shade. Although it does take a couple of coats to fully cover your nails. 

I've never actually used a tanning mitt on myself before as I don't normally fake tan. I'm more of a gradual tanning moisturiser kind of girl but this mitt is really useful for applying that too! It doesn't leave any streaks and blends whatever tan you are using perfectly. Also, no orange hands! 
As I said, I don't generally use fake tan, but I really liked this one. It's only meant to last 24hours and I think that is perfect. It's a BB cream and tan all in one so it's really moisturising. If you just want to be tanned for a special event, this tan scrubs right off in the shower the morning afterwards. So no annoying streaks! 

Unfortunately I'd already been on holiday when I ordered my box so I didn't get to test this suncream against the Turkish sunshine but I have tried it out here. I went on a long walk with my friend in a bandeau top and I usually always sunburn my shoulders but this time I didn't! This cream provides excellent protection and it smells amazing! Giving me massive holiday blues already!

I really think this box is amazing value for money, it;s full of amazing products and I'm so happy I purchased it! Get yours here.   

1 comment:

  1. cant believe you got all these products at such a good price! I might try this box out, love trying new products but never know what brand to go for etc. would really love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete