Wednesday 9 July 2014

Holiday Look Book 2: Bright Bodycon

Welcome to my second holiday-themed post! This post features my new fave ASOS dress, which is of course printed. If you regularly read my blog or follow me on Instagram you will notice I love my bright prints, especially for summer. 

I bought this dress a bit last minute from ASOS because it was part of their offer 20% off of dresses. I think it cost me around £9, but it feels so much more expensive! Love a bargain. 
I sometimes find that cheap jersey bodycon dresses tend to be made from very thin material and the print distorts when its stretched, but that is not the case here thankfully. Also the bust is made from a double layer of jersey so you can even wear it without a bra, handy since it's got cami straps.



It was the clashing colours that first attracted me to this dress, who would've thought purple and orange would go so well together? 



I went for minimal jewellery to let the print take focus, the necklace is from H&M. The sandals are also H&M and they are by far my favourite buy of this season. They were meant to be £29 but I used a discount code and got them for £18. To say they are from H&M's 'Premium Quality' range, I thought that was a great price. They are obviously real leather and they are actually really heavy, but so comfy! And they are so versatile, I just throw them on with anything. The contrasting chunky sole is really on trend and looks a little sports luxe. 



I went for a darker lip with this dress just because a coral would have looked too matchy-matchy with the tribal print. I mixed both these lipsticks to get a glossier purple than just the MAC alone gives. The MAC is a matte lipstick in Smoked Purple and the right is Benefit in Breathless. 


Another photo taken by my boyfriend Ben here on our little balcony in Turkey, not the best lighting but you can see how the dress fits! Next investment: a proper camera!

Are you loving any prints this summer? Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment