Wednesday 16 July 2014

Review: the Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash.

After reading a recent post on The Sunday Girl about Tangle Teezers I thought it was about time I bought one for myself.


My hair is pretty long and naturally wavy and de-tangling is always a big problem for me, as are split ends. I've always tried to use a comb to work the tangles out of my wet hair but this still seems to pull on and break my hair; enter the Tangle Teezer Splash. 




I've used this both in the shower to comb my conditioner through and after the shower to detangle my hair and it works like a charm both ways. Although you cannot use it with heat, the Tangle Teezer Splash is definitely a must-buy. The shape makes it easy to grip with both wet and dry hands, perfect for keeping in the shower. 
I suppose I didn't really believe that this strange comb-like thing could detangle without pulling on the hair and breaking it like traditional combs and brushes, but it really does! I was really surprised the first time I used it at how easy it works out knots. 
I'm so happy I bought this because I've been trying to coax my hair into growing just that little bit longer and I think this may do the trick. By preventing damage and split ends from detangling, I'm hoping my hair will now stay healthier longer between trims and maybe grow a little more. 

Whilst we are on the subject of hair, I would also like to recommend these products too! I always use this macadamia oil before blow-drying my hair to keep it smooth and shiny, and it's really amazing. My hair always feels so soft after using. You can get it here. 
The Coconut Oil 'Hair Shine' is excellent to carry around in your handbag to smooth hair over if it's gotten a little frizzy. It's actually a wax that turns to oil in your hands and you only need a small amount for it to work. Because it's a wax, it almost holds the hair cuticle flat. Get it here.


I think I may have to purchase the Tangle Teezer Compact to keep in my handbag! I'm addicted now!
You can get the Tangle Teezer Splash on Amazon or ASOS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment