Tuesday 8 July 2014

Holiday Look Book 1: Printed Playsuits

If you follow my blog you will know I just returned from a week-long holiday in Turkey with my boyfriend... That means it's time for my first holiday look book post! This first post is dedicated to my collection of printed playsuits. I love playsuits, they are so easy to wear and require little styling to look good. I wore 3 in just a week on holiday! 



From left to right: Ark Clothing, Primark, H&M. This to me is the playsuit trifecta; 3 totally different prints and styles that are so versatile. I wore mine with flats all week, but I think they would look great with heels too.

I think this pink H&M playsuit is my favourite of the bunch. It's made from a gorgeous chiffony material and the draping is so flattering. The neckline is versatile too, it can be worn completely open and plunging for a more dramatic look or a slight V-neck just by fastening the press-stud. I saw this in H&M one shopping trip and I had to go back for it, I just kept thinking about the outfit possibilities! At on £19.99 it was a bargain. It feels and looks so much more expensive. The only thing I would advise is it's pretty small fitting, I'm usually a UK 10, but I had to get this in a UK 14 to fit over my bum! But the waistline is still fitted on me.
 I styled this with my favourite JuJu Tinkerbelle jellies, they have a slight wedge. And the clutch is from Primark: perfect pastel colours.

No foundation on here, but I have on Max Factor Smoky Eye Effect eyeshadow in Silver Storm and Benefit lipgloss in Kiss You.

We have to thank my boyfriend for all my holiday outfit pictures, he tried his best and as a first time blog photographer I think he did well. 

This playsuit was an absolute bargain in Primark at £13! I love the silky material and the tropical pattern makes it a perfect holiday essential. The sliders are from H&M and a total Marni dupe. They are so comfy and the jewelled straps add a dressier edge.




I didn't bother with much make-up on holiday, it was far too warm! Here I'm wearing the Clinque Lash Doubling mascara in black and one of the new Benetint lip and cheek stains in the darkest rose colour. Understated minimal make-up lets the print on the playsuit keep focus.

The final playsuit  I wore is from Ark Clothing, it's actually 'Hearts and Bows'. At £26 its the most expensive, but still a good price. 


I decided to go for a bright lip to complement the coral print of the playsuit. I'm wearing MAC lipstick in Lady Bug, by far my favourite red lipstick.
I wore this suit with my H&M sliders again, but I think it needed heels. It's pretty short so I think although I have long legs myself it doesn't really do wonders for my hips here! Even a small heel would work. I really love the sheer neckline, revealing but still classy.



I've had this little drawstring bag literally years, it was a great eBay find! It's actually Topshop and it's real leather, I only paid around £6 for it on eBay though! If you are looking for a similar style, try ASOS. 

Are you packing a playsuit for your holiday? Leave me a comment!
Keep a look-out this week for more holiday outfit posts! 

1 comment:

  1. I love all these playsuits! They are gorgeous. You styled them so well.
    My boyfriend takes my pictures too for my blog! Tell him he did a great job <3
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete